Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ideas for project

My initial idea was to create a project based learning lesson that would take place in a health classroom setting. My thought would be to have the students put into small groups and have them research a specific type of addiction. The project would take place over a few class periods of research and collaboration. One idea I had was for the students to create a mind map on www.mindomo.com where they would have to create a map on their specific addiction and upload videos and articles as well as their own personal research on the topic then they would share it with the class through the site. I also had the idea of using voicethread, which was discussed in class to do the same type of thing where they would tell the class about the addiction and have pictures to go along with it.

3 comments:

megfritzphd said...

Both ideas are good and will definitely engage your students. I suggest choosing the one that will harness the power of Web 2.0 and enhance learning for students.

Victoria said...

I decided to use Voice Thread in a project my students are going to be working on (this will be my final project for class). I created a mini presentation just to show my students what their presentations will look like when they combine photos with audio and text. Based on my experience with Voice Thread so far, it is very user friendly and I would definitely recommend it. If you do decide to use this, your students will have to register with an email address so they can receive the confirmation email. I do have one suggestion. Make sure that the computers that your students can use to work on the project have microphones. I overlooked this detail at first. I made my mini presentation on my laptop, which has a built-in mic. I assumed the laptops in my classroom had microphones, but they do not. Luckily, my department chair is going to purchase some for me so that my students can continue with the project.

Jess Cimenski Piombino said...

Health is such a great subject to use some of these web 2.0 tools with. I am going to present http://www.glogster.com/edu tomorrow in class. It is a poster web 2.0 tool that allows you to embed video, music, pics and much more. That could be another way your students could present material :)